Serious Sport Team Stores pass the 1000 mark!
June 20, 2019
There has been a significant change at Serious Cricket over the years.
A company primarily known for selling cricket equipment and running cricket coaching courses we branched out into cricket team clothing in 2009, and in our first year, we had just 4 stores live on our website.
In March 2017, Serious took over Toga Sports, a local football team wear supplier which opened up new revenue streams in two of the UK’s major sports. By May 2015, Serious were up to 500 team stores and that figure rose to 1313 team stores by May 2019.
The original team store concept was founded on providing a solution to cricket clubs who had to hold and distribute stock for their club members. This is a time consuming and a costly way for clubs to deal with club kit. The online team store system takes the financial commitment and administrative headaches away from the club, with no minimum orders, no stock holding, and no setup fees!
It’s a daunting task to design and order a new kit for your club on a large scale. Our team store is fantastic and has helped all members place orders with ease. I found the support from the team at Serious Cricket through design to deliver exceptionally. At each stage, the SC team provided input, samples, and advice which resulted in a quality product that is being proudly worn by club members.
Many thanks for your support in producing our new club kit.
Rodmersham CC President
There are two ways to set up a team store.
Firstly, a club could register your club/team interest by emailing our sales team ( email@example.com ) – 20% of clubs use this method.
Or secondly, a club can go onto the Serious Cricket, Serious Sport, or Serious Football website and follow the simple 4 step team store set up process which takes around 10 minutes. To do this, at the top of the website click on ‘Personalised Teamwear’ and select ‘Team Store Set Up’ and follow the 4 steps to get your store set up:
- Register your team
- Upload your club logo and maybe a sponsor logo or two (we can help if you have trouble with this part of the process).
- Select your club colours and the garments you want on the store. At this point, you can preview how your store will look and tailor it to your clubs needs. When you are happy with how the store looks you send it for approval, and a member of our sales team will be in touch to talk over the finer points of the partnership agreement and how the store works.
- Start ordering!
Once the agreement has been reached the club and sponsor logos are sent off to be digitized (2-3 working days). Your dedicated sales team member will email the logos over to be checked and when confirmed we make the store live.
Pete Brailey, Serious Sport Sales Team Manager, talks us through more aspects of the team store model that would appeal to clubs and their members:
- The online store is mobile and tablet friendly platform!
- Your club members can add personalisation to their garments with names, initials, and numbers at the point of ordering.
- We have the quickest delivery times in the UK as all our orders are dispatched within 5 working days.
- A fast-track service is also available and provides an industry-first 24-hour dispatch service, which could come in handy for those players looking to sort out their kit bag at short notice!
- By manufacturing our own kit ranges, we are in complete control of the style, quality and stock availability throughout the year.
- Clubs receive regular offers and promotions throughout the year.
- Clubs within a 150-mile radius of our Dummer centre can receive a personal roadshow where the sales team visits the club on a training night/day.
- Can provide clubs with a bespoke match wear offer via the kit builder page on the website ( https://seriouscricket.co.uk/serious/team-kit-builder/ ) Unique look one-off designs for cricket T20 and limited over match wear.
What does the future hold!
Speaking with our Sales Manager Pete, he explains that Serious Sport would like to:
- To increase their hold in the cricket clothing market even further.
- To gain a first-class county.
- To increase the market share in football, and to evolve the team store model into other team sports such as rugby, hockey, and netball.
- With a match wear range across all sports, we now have an offering to support schools, colleges and universities.
When will we hit 2000 team stores? Who knows, but you can bet it will be sooner rather than later!